New in 2022: Only Two Categories
Entry Period: August 1 - September 10 (Midnight EDT)
Two romance categories:
Previously Published Author
Submission entry cannot be contracted, previously published, printed, or posted. A "previously published author" is considered previously published, but the work being submitted is new.
- Finalists will have their work read and judged by a top industry agent and/or editor.
- Finalists will receive a "Finalist" badge to display on their websites and social media pages.
- Winners will receive a "Winner" badge to display on their websites and social media pages.
- Winners will receive publicity on our social media accounts and RWA forums.
What Is Banter?
- the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks. "There was much singing and good-natured banter."
- talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way. "The men bantered with the waitresses."
For the purposes of this contest, banter is the back-and-forth dialogue between two or more characters. It doesn't need to be between the love interests; it can be a dialogue between secondary characters or a lead character with one or more secondary characters.
- First-round judges are trained MMRWA members.
- For any score given under three (3), judges are required to provide constructive feedback as to the reason for that score. Here is the scoresheet.
- Final round judges are agents and/or editors.
- Judges' decisions are final.
- Check out the frequently asked questions page.
Questions? Email email@example.com