Entry Period: August 1 - September 10 (midnight ET)
- Unpublished Contemporary
- Published Contemporary
- Unpublished Historical
- Published Historical
- Unpublished Otherworldly
- Published Otherworldly
Published and unpublished authors will be judged separately.Finalists will have their work read and judged by a top industry agent or editor and will receive a "Finalist" badge to display on their websites and social media pages. Winners' names and entry titles will be listed in RWA's Romance Writers Report "Contest Winners" section. They'll also receive a "Winner" badge to display on their websites and social media pages.
What Is Banter?noun
- the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks."There was much singing and good-natured banter."
- talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way. 'The men bantered with the waitresses."
- First-round judges are RWA general, PRO, and PAN members.
- For any score given under three (3), judges are required to provide constructive feedback as to the reason for that score.
- Final round judges are agents and editors.
- Judges' decisions are final.