Contest Opens: August 1st
Enter by September 10th (midnight ET)
Published & Unpublished Contemporary
Published & Unpublished Historical
Published & Unpublished Otherworldly
Published and unpublished authors will be judged separately.
(Otherworldly includes Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Time Travel & Steampunk)
What Is Banter?
- the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks."There was much singing and good-natured banter."
- talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way. 'The men bantered with the waitresses."
For the purposes of this contest, banter is the back-and-forth dialogue between two or more characters. It doesn't need to be between the hero and heroine; it can be a dialogue between secondary characters or a lead character with one or more secondary characters.
First round judges are RWA general, PRO and PAN members.
Final round judges are agents and editors.
Judges decisions are final.
Final Round Judges
- Julie Sturgeon, CEO Editor - Unpublished Historical
- Tera Gelsomino, One Track Literary Agency - Published Contemporary
- Mary Altman, Senior Editor, Sourcebooks Casablanca - Published Historical
- Leanne Morgena, Senior Editor, The Wild Rose Press - Unpublished Contemporary
- Ally Robertson, Editor, The Wild Rose Press - Published Otherworldly
- Kaycee John, Editor, The Wild Rose Press - Unpublished Otherworldly